Tumbler Wrap Instructions
You WILL need a tumbler press or convection oven. DO NOT use your house hold over to bake tumblers. We do not offer refunds on transfers or sublimation items that are bake incorrectly. All times are suggestions and can not be guaranteed due to each individuals equipment being different.
Note: Because not all mug presses are created equally the time in a press can vary.
Be sure that the artwork does not go beyond the size limits of the mug press. If it does suggest using the convection oven method with shrink sleeve.
Because of the gap where the mug press closes you will not be able to have the artwork wrap around the entire tumbler. Mug heat press settings:- temperature - 380 degrees F- time - 1 - 1:15 minutes- pressure - light to medium. cut your transfers so that the transfer is slightly larger vertically than the tumbler.
2. Position the substrate onto the transfer.
3. Tape two ends of the transfer allowing for the gap in the mug press where it will close.
4. Wrap a piece of scratch paper around the transfer and mug taping if necessary.
5. Center the transfer and tumbler in the mug press.
6. Close the mug press using the heat press settings above.
7. Remove items from the press immediately. Use heat resistant gloves if necessary - the items will be very hot.
8. Remove transfer and scratch paper.
Tips:- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or the time slightly (10-15 seconds).- If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate appears yellowed or has brown spots on the rim of the top or bottom of the mug reduce the time slightly (10-15 seconds). Too much pressure can cause trapped moisture in the paper to "jet" away pulling ink with it in a spiked-peaked formation. To avoid this reduce the pressure.- Take care when applying pressure as too much press can cause the tumbler to bend slightly which will prevent the lid from fitting properly.
IN A CONVECTION OVEN:
Note: Because not all ovens are created equally the time in an oven can range from 6 to 9 minutes. Convection oven is recommended.
Settings will vary depending on the oven brand and model ink and paper and atmospheric conditions. 2nd Note: Be sure that the artwork does not go beyond the size limits of the wrap.
Oven settings:- temperature - 385 degrees F- dwell time - 6.5 to 8.5 minutes- pressure - light to medium
STEPS: 1. Position transfer onto the substrate using heat tape to secure the transfer to the substrate.
2.. Use the shrink sleeve itself.
3. Pull from oven and remove wrap and paper. Caution contents will be hot use heat resistant gloves for safety.
Tips- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or the time slightly (30-45 seconds). If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate appears yellowed or has brown spots reduce the time slightly (30-45 seconds).